Facts About Memory Foam Mattress
Memory foam mattresses are made of a high density and high viscosity type of urethane, which is namely polyurethane. A high density mattress is able to support a greater amount of weight while a higher viscosity level means that it is thick enough to withstand the stress or pressure exerted by the body.
The characteristics and comfort of a memory foam mattress made it a natural cure for all sorts of back aches and that alone has made it a very popular choice of mattress today. Well, there is still much to know about memory foam, below are some of the key facts about it:
* Memory foam is also widely known as visco-elastic polyurethane foam (or just visco-elastic foam) and it was originally developed under NASA with purpose to improve crash protection and seat cushioning for airline pilots and passengers.
* Memory foam is broadly used in the hospital field as seat cushions, bed pillows, mattresses and padding for patients suffering from physical aches or pain and postural problems.
* Its open-cell structure responds to body heat and weight, and then moulds itself to the contours of your body keeping your spine in natural alignment, providing maximum comfort and support which also helps relieve pressure points and preventing pressure sores.
When choosing a suitable memory foam mattress, keep in mind the following points:
* A higher density mattress generally costs more but it provides more support, suitable if you are experiencing problems with your backbone or back pains.
* Make sure that the size of the mattress fits appropriately with the size of your bed frame.
* Certain mattress retailers do offer trial periods to their customers so you can be sure that your mattress is of the right quality and if it's not, you may request for a change or return.
* It is better to look for retailers or manufacturers that offer a longer term of warranty, preferably around 15 to 20 years.
Memory foam mattress is starting to cost less and based on its great features, it's really the best choice among other types of mattresses in the market. Click here to find out more about memory foam and its prices.