Solid Wood Flooring
In today's interior design trends, solid wood floor continues to be one of the best types of flooring for homes. This is mainly because of the attractive aesthetics of the natural wood and also a number of its features that made it a popular choice among many homeowners and interior designers.
Let's learn some solid facts about solid wood flooring:
1. Being made out of natural materials, wooden flooring gives a warm and cozy feeling to your room. A wide selection of natural wood colours also means that it can be used in just about any type of homes with any colour scheme.
2. Another crucial factor that many people take into account when choosing the type of flooring to have is its environmental friendliness. Many types of wooden floors use recycled and renewable wood materials thus they are less impacting to the environment.
3. Wood is also hypoallergenic so it doesn’t collect much dust mites and fleas, which is perfectly ideal for people who suffer from allergies and other respiratory or skin conditions. Installation of the flooring must be done properly in order to prevent the chances of accumulating dusts as much as possible.
4. Solid wood flooring can easily last for decades since natural woods are tougher and more durable comparing to synthetic materials. Wooden floors do not require much maintenance and they can be easily re-varnished to eliminate minor damages or stains.
5. Having a high quality floor covering also means adding value to your home. Should you decide to sell your house in the future, the buyer will definitely love the fact that they don't have to spend more money replacing or repairing the floor, certainly a higher chance to close the deal at a higher price.
All of these great features make solid wood flooring a perfect investment in any home.